Sunday 7 December 2008

I have actually heat embossed!!!

I have created this folder of papers goodies as part of a swap over on UKS
I hope that the person I made it for likes green!I started out with a 12x12 sheet of Bazzill Smoothie ardstock, then stamped using Versamark ink & embossed using clear powder for the bigger image & lime green for the smaller ones. I then measured & cut out the 4 corners. I made fold marks using my Scor-Pal (I love this bit of kit) as shown below. I then made a couple of holes in the back of the folder to thread the ribbons through!

Next I made an ATC sized pocket with more Bazzill smoothie, to hold hand stamped journaling cards, adding ribbon to tie!

Next I decorated the front by holding a snowflake template {these were a set of freebies with Papercraft Inspirations Magazine, given to me by a friend} I then patted my Pearl Paint Dabber {another product I would hate to not have in my crop bag} to create the snowflake & allowed to dry!
{TOP TIP} There will be a lot of paint left on the template, don't waste it, choose a piece of cardstock & lay the template carefully on it, this will create a negative image

When completely dry, I then added a large gem flower & glued a smaller on in the middle, before embellishing the snowflake with gemstones. I then made holes for the ribbons!

I used a stamp that I had in one of my Scrapagogo kits earlier in the year to make the journaling cards. It will all be enclosed in the embossed folder, along with some cards & envelopes & a extra few goodies that I won't disclose here.
Now all I hope for is that the person that I am posting this too, will like it too!



9 comments:

June said...

Its gorgeous Jane and love your blog colour too
Hugs June xxxx
ps what is uks ?

The Button Witch said...

Its gorgeous jane well done xx

Macpurp said...

oh this is beautiful,
the greens are so pretty! and I loev your embossing! go you!

lots of love Tina xx

torpenhow07 said...

This is brilliant Jane, I'm sure the recipient will love it

Shirley said...

It is truly lovely and she will love it too! A real keepsake~~~

miss said...

fabulous work Jane. I love the colours you have used

Tracy said...

That is so gorgeous,sure the person will love it.tracy xx

Jane said...

I like the colours you have used, lovely.

Jane :0)

julietk said...

Love the greens ,I enjoyed my visit :D, Juliet