Sunday 23 August 2009

Blog Drought Over........But, been a sad day!

Well, what can I say, it's been a long time since I visited my blog & even longer since I posted!!!
A lot has happened in the months since my last post, including me moving home. I have left Shropshire & moved back home to Wiltshire. I now live in the beautiful village of Lacock & in a more rural location, I can now look out of my windows at fields & hedge rows instead of boring blocks of red brick flats & littered walk ways.
I haven't managed any serious crafting since my last LO posted on here, but I am determined that is now going to change. I really do miss playing with lovely patterned paper & glue .... not to mention buttons, ribbons & other pretty embellishments.

It is a very sad day today, because my beloved & very faithful German Shephard Dog 'Murphy' died, with the assistance of a very kind vet & his nurse. I asked them to come to our home instead of adding stress to Murphy, by taking him to the surgery. He went off peacefully to sleep in the company of those he loved most, knowing that he was loved to the end. He was 12.5yrs old & was such a special dog.....a gentle giant, who will be missed for a very long time. I had owned him since he was a 5 week old puppy, still to young to leave him mother. I still remember that day when I went to see the litter of pups, the 4 pups that hadn't been reserved were put in the middle of the owners lounge floor while we talked. The next thing I knew was that a bundle of fluffy fur & huge paws had waddled over & laid down to sleep on my feet....... he had chosen me, so I purchased him there & then LOL What a lucky day that was, that puppy grew up to be the most beautiful dog, whith impecable manners & was so gentle, loyal & loving.
My murphy
RIP <3

14 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

Jane I am so sorry to read about your sad loss of Murphy. Our dogs are so much part of the family that they leave a huge hole in our lives when they are no longer with us. Sending you ((((((hugs)))))).

Pleased to hear you have got moved ok and are getting settled in your new home

hugs Jackie x

Mrsjobee said...

Good to see you back Jane - hope you are settled into your new home. Sorry to hear about Murphy - I expect he will leave a big hole in your heart. Take care.

Sue Jones said...

So Sorry about your dog :( Glad he was at home though.
Missed your blog xxx

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Jane,am sad for you,as know how it feels to lose a much loved pet,as you say a member of your family.Only good thing now is..just remember him as he will be now,running and bounding about,having lots of fun..
Nice to see you back in blog world again.
Take care Luv Maureen x

Tracy said...

Hi Jane so so sorry to hear about Murhy it is so hard to let go they become such a massive part of the family.Huge hugs sent your way.
So much has been happening to you since i was last here your new home sounds total bliss and sure the time is not far away when you will be crafting..gluesticks at the ready,lol.
Thoughts are with you
take care
hugs
Tracy
xxx

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about Murphy, it's awful when we lose them. I'll never forget when he and Ozzie came to visit the crop :)

Glad to hear that you are getting settled and hope that being back 'home' will get you crafting again. And rest assured that when I get the crops back up and running up here they won't be the same without you

Claire said...

Jane, glad to have you back... missed ya hun.
So sorry to hear about Murphy. sending you (((((BIG HUGS))))).
xx

Valmai said...

Sorry to hear about Murphy, he was a lovely gentle dog.
So pleased you are back where you always craved for. Take care .
XXX

Susan.... said...

Morning Jane,
Just read you post,and l am so sorry to hear about your beloved Murphy.Your new home sounds fabulous and l hope you will be happy.
Hugs
susan x
Ps. please pop to mine when you can,l have a little something for you X

mandijane said...

So sorry to read about your beloved pooch....
Hope you're OK...
Look forward to seeing some of your crafting soon xxxxx

Nicola said...

Glad to have you back blogging Jane , and pleased you are in your new home. So sad to hear about poor Murphy :-(

Take Care Nic xx

Pattie said...

Hi Jane i just found you again on Holly's blog,I,m sure you must be on mine somewhere....so sorry to hear of your loss,its soooo sad when they go,but lovely memories to look back on.

Pattie...x

Julie said...

Oh Jane I am so sorry to hear about Murphy I know how much you loved him :(

Its lovely to see you blogging again though xxx

Pumpy said...

Oh, Jane, you make me very sad, how we love these darling animals of ours, and they leave a very big whole in our lives. I do so wish they are waiting for us one day.
xxxx Lovies.