Wednesday 29 September 2010

Just Us Chickens







These are my chickens, they have free roam of the garden at the moment, but that will be restricted next year when I plan to do a little landscaping. Manicured gardens & free roam chickens do not mix, as they will scratch & eat your garden to pieces. However, for now although it is messy, they are fertilizing it nicely for next years plans :)

I have Queenie (black maran) Bluey (blue maran) 2 Welsummers, Rosie & Mz Henny Penny [aka HP] & Bella (cream legbar) Bella is the one with the funny head of feathers that reminds me of a grannies bonnet.

3 comments:

Sid said...

Learning a lot about hens......being a towny and certainly no space for hens, it's quite fascinating !!

Macpurp said...

oh what lovely chooks! my SIL kept hens, and I asked if they had much snow one day, her reply, it's about half way up a chickens leg.... so no, not much!

love teen xx

Pumpy said...

What great looking Chickens, would love to have a few The photos are beautiful xxx