Saturday 2 June 2012

It's The 1st Saturday Of The Month ....

Which means The Happy Scrappers have set a new challenge, this month the theme is
The Great Outdoors
Here is my DT Layout

The photos are of my grandson playing in the garden, he is a whopping 14 years old now soit was lovely scrapping these photos, I remember this little photo shoot like it was yesterday!
I wanted to keep the LO quite simple & fun, so I used blocks of cardstock in black, lime green,orange & blue. The paper used {which I cut to pieces} is from one of Fancy Pants older collections called "On a Whimsey"  The butterfly & trail were hand cut from one of the papers & stick to the page at varying depths, to add some extra detail, I cut up another sheet to use as quote blocks between the photographs. I have added little extra's like the little bird & teh word 'memories' which is on a piece of acetate & added a little doodling around the butterfly trail!
Altogether, it was a quick, but effective LO with the paper piecing technique keeping the feel of it a bit rustic & childlike to suit the mood of the photos!

My Top Tip ~ When adding embellishments, glue them down at differing heights, this adds extra interest to your LO. There are lots of glue items on the market to allow you to do this including 'sticky dots' double sided foam tape etc. My personal favourite is Pinflair Gel Glue because it dries clear & is silicon without the odour!

~ Thank you for visting my blog ~

5 comments:

Carol said...

Great layout Jane, love the bright colours. Carol x

Jo said...

Fab layout, Jane, love the bright, happy colours...lovely memories!
Hugs Jo x

shaz earl said...

Lovely LO Jane! bright colours and looks really jolly, great photo's & lovely memories
hugs Shaz x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab lay out I love the bright colours and the butterfly is fab
Lindsay xx

Lesley said...

Lovely colourful LO Jane, and cute photos! xx