Saturday 5 February 2011

Chit Chat & Chickens

I had to be up early this morning as my partner is away for the weekend visiting his children, meaning I needed to be up to let the hens out otherwise they would have created such a noise the whole neighbourhood would have known they were still shut in :) We lost a hen early on this week & it's a complete mystery as to what happened to her, no signs of feathers anywhere that would suggest a struggle with an animal of some kind, I have been up & down the road, no signs of squashed chicken & across the field looking, but still no signs of her. She was in the garden at midday when I did a head count & gone by 1pm, all very strange especially as she was one of my 3 original hens that I purchased as chicks & the 3 always stayed together. I have since aquired another 2 hens that my son asked me to have {he wants his garden back} so now I am back up to 5 hens again, so a full house :) & by the sounds of the happy crowing I just heard, there will be at least 2 eggs in the nest to collect later.

I am determined to do something crafty today, nothing big I don't think because I still haven't got my craftroom back yet & I daren't start anything big as family are likely to drop by at some point today & nothing is sacred when my grandbabies are around, even my youngest grandson Logan who is 7 months old is crawling & pulling himself up to the furniture.

Anyways, I am just off for a look around some of my favourite blogs & then I will make a start. Hopefully, I will have something to show later!

Have a great weekend everyone

Jx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, its lovely to hear from you my friend, i have requested friends on face book too
Hugs June x

Macpurp said...

lovely to see a post from you. HUGS
I wonder where miss Chickie has gone to?
hope you enjoyed a wee bit of crafting time.
love Teen xx