Friday 18 February 2011

OMW - Friday Fiction

Over on the One Minute Writer blog, they hold a Friday Fiction they drop the minute timer & encourage you to write a short {short short} story, again using a prompt.
Todays prompt is:

Strings

I was sat up in the attic, not sure how long I had been up here but, I knew that time must be ticking on by the pin and needles feeling in my feet where I had been sat on them for so long. Looking around me now I am surrounded by so much ephemera of what turned out to be the beginning of my parents life together. "Amazing" I thought to myself as I stretched my legs out, trying to rid my feet of the tingling, I had learned so much about Mum and Dad's life before 'Me', in such a short time and I learned all this from the letters and journals which it turned were attached to the string that I pulled on that was hanging out of the trunk.

Well, that's my 1st ever attempt at any type of story, it may not be the best but, I did enjoy writing it so I guess that's mission accomplished :)

Thanks for reading
Jx

1 comment:

Macpurp said...

love your promted writings!