Wednesday 27 August 2008

Just heard & had to share!!

I have had a LO published, but you won't see it in any Scrapbook or Craft magazine. Let me explain! Back last year, out of the blue I had an email out of the blue, from Anam a fellow scrapbooker living in theUSA, She had been looking through forum galleries for LOs that contained images of Tattoo's, for an article that she was putting together for Skin & Ink magazine. She emailed me to ask if she could have permission for her to use my LO, I agreed. Well, I had long forgotten about this, so it was a surprise when a few days ago, I received another email informing me that it was now in the magazine. She kindly photocopied the page for me & you can see that in the photo below. Below is the actual LO that I made back in 2005 of my son Steve on holiday in Cyprus.

Please note though, the magazine has entered my name wrong below the picture!
It names me as Jane Norwood. They got mixed up between my real surname & the name I have in my email address {although they didn't actually get that bit right either LOL} but nevermind, thats my son & it sure is my LO!!!



10 comments:

~Emma~ said...

Jane thats amazing...well done you! Laughing at the name confusion though as they always manage to get one thing wrong don't they! LOL!
Thank you so much for your lovely kind words this week as well...they meant an awful lot. Hugs Em.x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Ooh, congratulations on your first published LO, Jane!! Exciting, huh? :o)

Don't forget to KEEP a copy of it!

Chris xx

de said...

Wow, what a cool angle on showcasing tattoos! I love your layout! Congratulations and to your soon too. He is very handsome! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

WOW - mega cool Jane:)
Lx

The cockney crafter said...

Way to go my friend well done, you clever thing you lol x x x

carolann said...

Wow awesome Jane WTG hun (clapping) xxxx

Dawn said...

Well Done you - and great layout too!

Daisy Chain said...

Hi

Thanks you visiting my blog and leavin such kind comments. This layout is fantastic, I love the colours. I can see why it was chosen for publication. Your blog is inspiring, I especially love all of your ATC's, and the bracelet you made.

Love Debbie xx

Daisy Chain said...

By the way, I love your Cresendo of Crafters suggestion over on Chris' blog, yep that seems to suit.

love Debbie xx

Rosie said...

Congrats Jane!! Apart from the fact that that's a great LO, I love his tribal tatt! As you know Nick has quite a few, so I am biased, but I just have the 2 myself!!
Great to be published in a non- scrapbook mag - well done! xoxoxo