Saturday 8 March 2008

My little box







I took part in a paper napkin swap over on Scrapitude & this is what I did with them. This started out as just a plain wooden box with a boring tin insert in the lid. First, I painted it white, then split my napkin into just the one layer, tore pieces off to fit the box. I then painted decopatch glue/gloss on the box & laid the napkin where I wanted it to be, gently brushing on more of the glue from the centre out, to avoid creasing. I advise that you don't apply the glue/gloss directly to the paper napkin before applying it to your project or it will tear. I finished it off by using sakura gelly roll pens to colour the metal lid, then added glossy accents to finish.

I have put this box forward for a competition thats running right now at Crafts Beautiful.

5 comments:

Nicola said...

This is fantastic, wow!!!! Your blog is wonderful, your a talented lady!!
Nicola.xx

jenny said...

It looks great Jane, very pretty x

Sian said...

Gorgeous box, fingers crossed for you ;o)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous work hun, good luck in the competition!
xx

Sally said...

Good luck, it's fabulous!