Monday 1 September 2008

Always loved this Photo

I have always loved this photograph of my youngest son, it goes back some years though. He was around 6 or 7yrs old when it was taken & he is going on 26yrs old now.......Just where do those years go?? The photo was taken at the bottom of the garden of our family home where all my sons grew up. I remember the day I took the picture, I remember the sweet, kinda mucky smell of the cows, and hearing them snuffling & munching.
My son loved them, I did too but sadly just a couple of years after this picture was taken the old farmer that owned the land died. His son inherited the land & within another year after that he sold it & the builders moved in. All too soon our idllic view was replaced by a housing estate & instead of looking out over the fields & distant hills, there were houses so close to the bottom of our garden, that we could actually see the pattern on the residents curtains!!

I have used left over scraps of MM's 5th Avenue papers, plus Thickers & the Riff Raff chipboard tree from various past ScrapaGoGo kits!
I was prompted to create this LO today, while chatting online with my good friend Sarah, we were both saying we were finding it hard to create anything just lately, so we set ourselves a challenge. We saw the sketch for this LO on the front page of UKS & promised that we would both do the sketch today. Pop over to Sarah's blog & have a look at her version too!
I am also using this LO as my entry for the Arty Girlz Challenge #49 'Summer'

11 comments:

mandijane said...

Its a fab LO and how sad that the fields were swallowed up by housing.....:(

The Button Witch said...

Gorgeous and how sad that view is no more must be heart breaking but hopefully this LO will bring back memories for you

Charli said...

Great page!
Thanks for entering the Inklebods, good luck in the draw!
Charli
x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous LO Jane. Very glad that the challenge seems to have given both of us the inspirational boost we needed.

Daisy Chain said...

Great layout. I love the nostalgia of old photo's and the memories they conjour up.

Sadly not enough people record them. I think scrapping is the ideal way to record our lives as seen through our own eyes. Something for us to leave for the future. I'm getting far too nostalgic now.

Take care now.

Love Debbie xx

Maria Matter said...

Jane, this is a wonderful LO! Great picture and papers, love the tree too!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea, said...

Fab layout, those papers are great

Crissi Harvey said...

fantastic lay out jane love the chip treend papers. great photo to.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Julie Allain said...

Jane I love this layout its fantastic!!!

Where did you get the cute tree is it chipboard I love it!!

How fantastic for your sons to grow up with that view and so sad that it is now housing :(

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz xxx

carolann said...

brilliant Lo jane love the pic so sad about the farmer his lifes work gone bless xxxx

tiggertastic said...

Fantastic photo Jane and your scrap page looks fantastic the layout is just excellent

Sarah x