Sunday 17 February 2008

Splitcoast Diva Challenge


I created this LO for the challenge set by the *uber* talented Sandie & her Mum Julia. They are the challenge Diva's this week on SplitcoastStampers. We were asked to use stamped images on our LOs, & this was such a good thing for me to do, because I love my rubber stamps, but fallen into the bad habit of only using them on my cardmaking or ATC's. I really enjoyed creating this LO & love how the stamped images look !!!
It turns out in hindsight, that I didn't completely fill the criteria required for this challenge, as I didn't read it properly. That will teach me.
I should have either created a border or added 5 stamped images. Nevermind, it was fun anyway!


I have used products from my January Scrapagogo Create Kit. The kit contained the superb Noteworthy Range from MM, the papers are double sided so you have even more choice for mix & matching your patterns & they are suitable for male & female LOs alike. As you can see on the LO of my son Steve, I have used a floral pattern, but it is still definately a male LO. So don't be afraid to give floral patterns a try!


Also from the kit, I have used the Thickers Velvet Alpha's & the KI memories Softies frames, these look great with the stamped images that I chose to use!!
Steve was just 14yrs when this photo was taken, & he is about to turn 29yrs old & is to be married this year!! Where does the time go?
This LO also works well for the Arty Girlz Challenge for stamping too!

8 comments:

Sian said...

Fabby LO :), love the use of the block paper. I really need to do some scrapping.

mandijane said...

I love the block effect.....
Need to get my scrapping stuff out now I'm back from my jollies....

Art Angel said...

Brilliant Jane - I love your LO and your blog - its fab... Angie x

The Button Witch said...

Fantastic LO Im learning all the time seeing what you and other scrappers do lol

Emma said...

Great LO Jane. Love the colours you've used. x

Julia said...

Great layout Jane. Thanks for doing the challenge!

Crissi Harvey said...

fab Lo jane im lov'in the papers you have used

Thanks for joining in again witht the Arty Girls challenge.
crissi xx

Julie Allain said...

Really lovely layout Jane!!

Thanks for joining in again with Arty Girlz :) xx