Thursday 14 February 2008

Fun challenge from 'Down Under'

There is a fun challenge that everyone is very welcome to take part in on my friend Theresa's blog. She would like you to create something about or containing the Kangaroo, it can be anything you like, card, LO ATC, poem or absolutely anything as long as it is your own work! If you have 5 minutes to spare today, give it a try, Theresa is a great lady and lives in the beautiful NSW area of Australia and her blog not only displays loads of her great craft work, but also gives us enticing glimpes and information about the wonderful area that she lives in, along with amazing photographs.

Here is a little ditty that I put together quickly while having a cup of tea *lol* as you will see I am not a poet and I'm hopeless at rhymmes, but it was fun to do!

You know this man like I do,
and if not by name, then by fame!
So join me in singing his praises
and love all the things that he'll do
As a man he's unique, of Aussie's he'll speak

So, who was it that had that extra leg,
And tied his kangaroo down?
Who told of two little boys on toy horses,
And painted all over the town?

He's well known now,all over the world,
And, talks fondly of his wife Bindi too!
He loves his cats, his wobble board and has painted at Uluru!

In the UK he was in a great programme
about animals, but not in a zoo.
He worked along vets, who tended the pets
and cried with the owners too!

I've put to you lots of questions
and given you the odd clue,
So by now you should have the answer
But if not, then i'll tell you who?

Rolf is the man from down under and Harris the family name.
He's mesmerised children, and adults alike!
And when singing "Sun arise in the morning" hear him play on his didgeridoo!

Sorry Theresa, I think I have gone off on a tangent and the Kangaroo only got a little mention, but I kep adding bits to it! haha

4 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Thats FAB Jane!!!

Sian said...

PMSL, it's brilliant!

Rosie said...

Great fun Jane...I'm gonna come back and read the rest when you stop adding 'bits' to it - LOL!
I've just been all over the place following your links... what a laugh - I even know what my name means too - uncannily accurate that!! :D

miss said...

Thanks Jane for taking part in my challenge. I love your entry. It is great work. Sorry it has taken me so long to thank you for joining in. There has been a lot happening in my house over the past few days.
hugs
Theresa