Friday 13 June 2008

Self Portrait Fun








This mini book is based on Jane Deans workshop at the GoGo Retreat, sadly, I was not well on the Sunday and stayed in my room, so I was unable to attend the workshop. Real bummer, because although I loved all the classes and teachers, I was looking forward to Janes the most. Anyway, I made this book using products from the workshop kit and JD's instruction sheet for the topper and then adapted my own style for the rest!

The photos are of my 2nd DGS Nathan that he took a couple of weekends ago while self portraiting with my camera. The photos made me laugh so much, that I knew I just had to use them in some way and the spinning topper on this mini book was the perfect solution!

It also fills the criteria for the Arty Girlz challenge #38 which is 'Faces'

Nathan, Nana will put your little book in the post to you. xx

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Aww Jane what a great book - love the papers and so sorry to hear you were unwell especially when you were looking forward to it so much.
Great to see you back though!!

Dawn

Dreamer said...

Jane - He looks like a fun kid!! - Great photo display!!

Rosie said...

Thanks for that lovely comment Jane!! xx

I love what you did with this book and I bet Nathan will be chuffed too!

Such a shame you didn't get to attensd the Sunday - I think JD is awesome!

Love the greeting cards and tag you made too..

Max said...

Awwww Jane what a bummer being ill ... but you're right about the photos ... what a laugh!

Sandy said...

Wow jane this is really fabulous.
Wonderful creation.

Crafty Sarahs Blogspot said...

this is so funny Jane, especially the first photo, fantastic nathan will love this.

lindschick said...

such a great book, love those faces.

Great cards too.

Julie Allain said...

Oh this is wonderful Jane......... what a shame you had to miss Jane Dean's class :( Think you've done a great job here though

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz xxx

Crissi Harvey said...

fantastic little book jane the pics are great although a bit scary LOL bless him.

Thanks for sharing and joining on with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Wow, fantastic book Jane. Aren't kids so funny, those pictures are brilliant. Good luck in the challenge :)