Friday 27 June 2008

The Pink Project


Well, I have heard today that all the pieces from participants around the globe, have now all arrived with Jo Anne in Pennsylvania, United States. Jo Anne put a call out on her blog a few months ago for contributers to send in hand made creations to her "In the Pink" Collaborative Book Project for 2008. It sounded like fun, so I applied to take part & now I am really excited & can't wait to see the finished book.
I made the little birds mini book above, as my contribution, I inked & stamped them to my hearts content before covering the top bird in 2mm pink swarovski crystals. It took a while to complete but I was really pleased with the finished product.
Jo Anne was pleased as well, because I am honoured that she liked it enough to ask if she can hand carve a stamp from the birds.
Please head on over to Jo Annes to read more about the project & to see more fantastic contributions to the project!
Thanks Jo Anne for allowing me to take part!

9 comments:

~Emma~ said...

Oh my God these are amazing! I have a real thing about birds and I want them!! If you ever want to sell them as a template PLEASE think of me first!
Off to have a look at the collection...well done you for taking part!

Dawn said...

Wow Jane what a brilliant idea and such a fab chance to do something different. those birds are amazing and a stamp too, hope you've got the patent pending!!!!! LOL
Have a great weekend

Dawn
x

Sian said...

Love the birds, they're beautiful.

Jo Anne O. said...

Wow Jane...didn't realize they were Swarovskis! You did take so much time making these little birds just right...I love them and thanks so much for being a part of my project!!!

Leona said...

Thanx for the comments Jane........ love the little birdies.... Hope your both well???

Leona x

carolann said...

Stunning work Jane the little book is beautiful xx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Utterly gorgeous book and birds Jane and pink too, how fab :) Love it :)

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Oooops it submitted before it should have then. Was going to add love the bling and congrats on your friend wanting to carve a stamp from them :)

Laura said...

this book is just simply beautiful, I really love it!

Thanks for your comment on my blog...there were soo many people at the retreat that I probably didn't even chat to a quarter of the people there...too busy scrapping, but determined to get to know more people next year! I can't wait x