Monday 13 October 2008

I think I may have a new addiction!

I created this collage this evening for a challenge. The theme was inspired by the October challenge over on the Vintage Veranda, where the theme is
'The Groaning Table'
The collage fills the criteria for the 55th challenge over on the Arty Girlz blog, where they are asking for us to use 'Clipart'
You can probably see that there are holes punched into the side of this page, thats because it's the first page in an Envelope Album that I am making to store my ephemera clippings in. The envelopes were made a long time ago, but I had not done anything with it until now. I wasn't happy with the patterned paper that I had covered them with as it no longer fitted with my theme. So, I took a piece of wide lace and dabbed an ink pad all over it until I was happy with the effect. I've never tried this technique before, but will certainly be doing it again!

11 comments:

tiggertastic said...

WOW Jane this is excellent, so much to look at i really like the use of the images.

Hugs, and thanks for your such kind comments, hugs, Sarah xxx

Julie Allain said...

Wonderful collage Jane and I love the technique you used will have to try that myself

Thanks for joining in with arty Girlz once again

Julie xx

Macpurp said...

this is amazing! i love all the elements on it!
it's really different.

hugs xx

Chriss Rollins said...

LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND AND THE FREE CLIP ART IS GREAT I LOVED USING IT ON MY ENVIE AND THE ARTYGIRLZ.
THANX FOR SHARING
CHRISS X

carolann said...

Wow Jane this is stunning hun well done xxxx

CraftyC said...

Wow, an amazing collage, love it!
Clairex

gillyflower said...

stunning just love it
love the lace effect it's gorgeous

i am hopeless at this style of work but so admire others who are so good at it it's wonderful
gill

Sheila said...

Fantastic.
Thanks for sharing.
Sheila-x-

Heather said...

Absolutely stunning Jane. I love the way you've inked the lace - I've not tried that (YET). I have tried inking ribbon - but it takes too long to dry for someone as impatient as me.
Hugs Heather xxx

Carly said...

Hey,
So cool, love this card. I added a guestbook to my blog.

xxCARLYxx

maddy hill said...

great collage !