Monday 20 October 2008

LOs Revealed

I printed the photos directly on to the Core-dinates cardstock for this LO, because the cardstock is textured it almost looks like the photos are on canvas. As I said in the previous post, I created the leaves by tearing a brown paper bag and then used various inks and paints to build up the colour, I also added some pieces of a torn die cut flower in black, some of the leaf ribbon and an acrylic tag, after painting half of it to simulate an acorn!
I created the textured border a the bottom, by using a strip of sequin waste as a stencil and dabbed inks and paint over it.
The journal tags read:
September leaves are turning
October conkers are falling
November bonfires are burning!
I hand drew nad cut the scroll from Core-dinates cardstock, distressed the edges and then used the point of one of my BG files to gently scrape away at the scroll to create a pattern on it, before adding mini gems.
The only thing added to these 2 LOs from my own craft box were inks, paint, pen and Glossy Accents.
Everything else could be found in Octobers ScrapaGoGo Create Kit

4 comments:

carolann said...

Stunning work hun love these WTG xxxx

tiggertastic said...

Wow Jane, these are both fantastic, i just love your scrao booking style it is always a joy to check out your blog

Sarah xx

Heather said...

Love these two layouts Jane, I never thought of printing direct on to core-dinations - it looks superb, must try that sometime.
Heather xxx

Karen Brooks said...

Gorgeous work!!! I love how you printed on the cardstock - isn't it a fun technique!! I only do it once in a while but when I do I really love love love the effect!!