Friday 31 October 2008

The Red Feather for Artwork Award

I was thrilled to hear today that I have been awarded the Red Feather for Artwork Award. I knew I had been put forward for it, but with all the fab stuff nominated, I am gobsmacked to have won it!!Here is the piece that was nominated
It was made using MM acrylic paints dry brushed on to textured Bazzill cardstock, some dribbles of Glossy Accents, Adirondacks Dabber Paint in 'Pearl' hand drawn & cut mug and swirls. the cappuccino foam was created with a dab of the Pearl paint, left to dry {so producing the texture} then a light tap of brown ink for the cocoa powder. Then simply inked & painted around the outside. If you see a piece of handcrafted artwork and would like to nominate it for the Red Feather award, then visit June's blog and put them forward. June is always on the look out for original works!

12 comments:

torpenhow07 said...

Congratulations Jane, love your piece of work

Heather said...

Congratulations on your win - you deserve it with the brilliant piece of work Jane, I almost want to lick the cread of the top. (Lol)
hugs Heather xx

Heather said...

OOh - me again. Thank you so much for that absolutely wonderful comment you left on my blog, it brought a tear to my eye it was soooo flattering.
hugs again Heather xx

~Emma~ said...

Jane that is fantastic...well done you! I'm not surprised you got it though as the piece is stunning! Hope you are ok. I bet it made your day when you heard. Hugs Em.x

Chriss Rollins said...

well deserved it's original with gorgeous texture I am loving it.
cogratulations.
chriss x

Sam said...

Hi Jane
Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, hectic week! For each section of the star card you use 3 pieces of card. I cut mine to 14.5cm high and vary the width of each piece, 14.5cm, 13.5cm and 12.5cm. Decorate as desired and stick the pieces together ensuring the edges are level. Construct each piece (I used 5 on my card) as above then stick the 3 part cards back to back and add a tie to the front and back cover so that it can be tied open to stay in the star formation. Hope this helps - if not email me and I will try to describe it in more detail.
Sam

Wendi said...

Congratulations a well deserved win your artwork is fantastic
as is your whole blog
Wendi x

June said...

Hi Jane, A deserving winner indeed !!! I am so glad you are pleased with the award my friend. I am now on the look out for a new one and thanks for adding that to your blog :)
Hugs June xxx

Barbara said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS TO YOU, JANE!!!!!!
It is truly a gorgeous creation....very different and the textures look terrific!
Hugs to YOU!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

Hey! Well Done You - It's a fab ATC Jane

Hugs
DAwn
x

Max said...

Congratulations on your award Jane ... great tip for making frothy topping. Have filed that one away for future use.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Claire said...

well done Jane